Now that more than 70,000 providers have registered for the Medicare and Medicaid EHR meaningful use program, its time to clear up some confusion. You can register long before you are ready to attest for MU. This way any problems are resolved and your attestation does not get delayed.
You do not commit to anything by registering. Providers simply register for the program on the CMS Web site:
Those attesting for Medicaid meaningful use will do so on a state-specific Web site.
• A provider can leave the Medicare attestation system during the process and save the data already submitted. You can then return at a later time to complete your information before it is submitted to CMS.
• On attestation pages, most measures have a data field for the
numerator first followed by the denominator, but the boxes are reversed for clinical quality measures.
• The registration currently does not support batch registration for
eligible professionals so you must be registered on an individual basis. CMS will comment on this issue in the future.
• A doctor can designate a third party, like a practice manager, to register and attest on their behalf.
* A provider who fails attestation does not need to wait for 90
days to re-attest, and can select a different 90-day reporting
period even if it varies by only a day from the previous
• The current timeline for Stage 2 meaningful use should have
a final rule by July 2012.
Federal Advisory Committee EHR Incentive Program Planning Meetings:
HIT Policy Committee Meetings:
Schedule of upcoming meetings
listen to the discussions Dial: 1-877-705-6006
Our products focus on productivity and our certified EHR, Medisoft Clinical by Mckesson, will help physicians who pursue the incentives achieve their goal. Participation in the government’s program is voluntary, and the meaningful use requirements do have productivity implications. What distinguishes Medisoft Clinical is the delivery of meaningful use capability with the ease of use doctors seek.
Iron Comet Consulting is a Mckesson Platinum certified reseller, medical IT firm and medical billing service based in Stockbridge, Georgia. Our products combine the clinical with the financial to improve workflow and revenue capture. Mckesson’s Medisoft Clinical is a complete physician practice optimization solution. For more information, please visit http://www.ironcomet.com