Medisoft Clinical v9.5 and v17 SP1 are 2011 / 2012 certified a complete EHR by Certification Commission for Healthcare Information Technology (CCHIT), and the Office of the National Coordinator Authorized Testing and Certification Body (ONC-ATCB). The 2011 / 2012 criteria support the Stage 1 meaningful use measures required for physicians to qualify for stimulus incentives under the Amercian Recover and Reinvestment ACT (ARRA). With the latest Medisoft release, McKesson now offers Medisoft Clinical, a complete practice management and electronic health record solution that works seamlessly together to minimize practice disruption.
A complete PM/EMR solution
Medisoft Clinical combines the practice management features of Medisoft v17 with a fully functional electronic medical record (EMR) at a price point geared to smaller physician practices like yours. With Medisoft Clinical, you get the latest in practice automation without a lot of hassle and at a price you can afford.
Experience the best of both worlds with a combined PM/EMR solution that enables your office to easily perform important tasks like:
• Sharing demographic information to eliminate redundant data entry
• Automatically informing the nurse in the exam room area when a patient
is ready for his/her appointment to save staff time
• Creating an electronic superbill that is populated with ICD-9 and CPT-4 codes based on the providers SOAP notes
Unlike other EMRs, Medisoft Clinical features a unique note-centric design that allows physicians to complete the entire chart from the progress note. Any information you add to the note such as medications, vital sign results or lab results automatically update the entire chart, all from the note.
Documentation tools adapt to the providers style and offer a choice of data entry methods including:
• speech recognition
• digital pen
• Web-based patient data entry
A provider dashboard lets you view all critical information â€” including messages, incoming results and a daily patient schedule â€” in one place. In addition, a review bin provides at-a-glance viewing of notes, documents and lab results.
Physicians also are able to quickly see overdue orders and track each order by patient, status and expected time for a result to return. In addition, incoming results automatically update order status.
Medisoft Clinical offers easy access to the information you need to ensure exceptional care. An extensive knowledge base includes:
• Web-based access to hundreds of disease and medication protocols
• a broad range of progress note templates covering both primary care
and specialty topics
• guidelines for diagnosis and treatment
• health maintenance protocols based on age, sex, disease, medications or
other conditions specific to the patient
Electronic prescribing (via SureScripts) improves patient safety and speeds new prescription and refill workflow. Physicians and other providers use thousands of prescription templates and a comprehensive database of drug costs and checks, drug interaction, drug/allergy, drug/disease, drug/diagnosis in addition to proactive dose advice.
• Analyze the note with a sophisticated coding advisor for Evaluation and Management (E&M) codes using both the 1995 and 1997 CMS Documentation Guidelines to optimize coding based on documentation.
• Load transcribed text and populate the entire patient chart including the problem list, medication list, medical histories and vital signs. Partially dictate a visit and have the transcribed text automatically go to the correct place in the note.
Import and export chart summary data using CCD or CCR formats. Communicate with other practices EMRs or with the patients personal health record (PHR).
• When importing data, choose which chart sections to update while still keeping an entire copy of the imported document.
• Customize chart viewing by physician to allow provider (and specialty) specific views for charts, chart summaries and flow charts.
Iron Comet Consulting is a Mckesson Platinum certified reseller, medical IT firm and medical billing service based in Stockbridge, Georgia. Our products combine the clinical with the financial to improve workflow and revenue capture. Mckesson’s Medisoft Clinical is a complete physician practice optimization solution. For more information, please visit http://www.ironcomet.com/